- 4 cups almond flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup honey
- 1 ½ cup coconut oil
- 4 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- FROSTING & TOPPING
- 3 egg whites
- Drizzle honey (about 1 tablespoon)
- Cup blueberries
- ¾ cup strawberries
- 1 pack frozen blueberries
- Put the frozen blueberries in a non-stick pan and cook on medium-high temperature for about 10-15 minutes. Stir from time to time.
- Lower the temperature to low until the liquid evaporates, about another 15-20 min. Keep an eye on it and stir from time to time so it doesn’t burn or stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When the jam is ready, put it in a bowl and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease two 9-in cake pans with coconut oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl: almond flour, salt and baking soda
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until mixed. Add the vanilla extract, coconut oil and honey and continue mixing until even.
- Add the mixture in the wet ingredient bowl into the dry ingredient bowl and mix until there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pans and cook at 350F for 30-35 minutes. Tip: check if ready at 25 min as you don’t want to overcook or burn the cakes.
- When the cakes are cooked, take them out of the oven and cool for about 15-20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place on top of one cake and flip it to remove from the pan. Repeat
- Spread the blueberry jam on top of one cake.
- Place second cake on top of jam lined cake.
- Preheat the oven to 200F.
- Beat the egg whites until firm and you get stiff peaks.
- Drizzle the honey and mix it in. (Note – if you drizzle too much honey at one time, it can collapse the egg whites.)
- Cover the assembled cake with the frosting and put in the oven for 10 min .
- Take cake out of the oven and decorate with the blueberries and strawberries.