- 4 lbs heirloom tomatoes
- 5 tbsp chopped basil (Note- the picture shows purple basil, but any type of basil will work.)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
This yummy salad is a summer favorite. With all the colors and flavors it just makes me wish these tomatoes were available year round. Tip: get a variety of tomatoes as the multiple colors will have different flavors.
Making this eye-appealing salad is very easy.
- Chop up the tomatoes in larger chunks. (You don’t want this to be like a salsa!)
- Chop up the basil. (Note- some people like smaller pieces; I prefer bigger pieces.)
- Add olive oil to taste. I usually do 1 tbsp to each 2 cups of chopped tomatoes, but it’s up to you.
- Mix it all up and refrigerate for at least an hour before eating as it tastes better chilled.
- Once it’s on the plate, add a touch of salt. It helps bring out the beautiful flavors even more.
The tomatoes are delicious with your favorite protein.